Sunday, September 21, 2008

8.5 Miles This Week

I'm tweaking my training schedule. I'm so out of shape that I feel like I have to push myself harder than what is scheduled for me. Misty, my awesome sister, printed me out a schedule that is extremely helpful and gives me a base to start with. I read a bunch of testimonials on how its worked for other people so I'm excited to use it. But really I have to push myself harder, at least for the first couple weeks. So instead of doing just the 7 miles for this weeks, I pushed to 8.5.

Today was my long run. I was suppose to 'run' 3 miles, well, haha, it didn't quite happen. I did run 2.75 though. But that last quarter kicked my butt, so I walked really fast for the last part :)

I know that we're not suppose to compare our bodies to other girls', but I find them inspirational. I know that I may never be able to get down to a size 5, but I want to try my hardest to get to the point that I like my body. I've never been happy with the way my body looks or feels. One thing that those who are close to me know is that I'm lazy. I'm even lazy with the things I like to do, like reading for school. Even in college I would wait to the last minute to finish stuff. Though I don't like my body I've never really tried to change it, but now I am. And signing up to do this Half Marathon is exactly what I need. So thank you Jose for telling me about it!

4 comments:

Mishel said...

Sara, I just think it's so awesome that you are doing this! I'm proud of you! Keep up the good work!!

Hugs,
Aunt Mishel

Ashleigh Baker said...

Send me that schedule, girlie! I'm on my own at this point!

You're inspiring--I was DEAD this morning on my run, and I only hit 2 miles. Ick.

Tiffany said...

WOW you are awesome I wish I had the will to do that but Im just a lazy lady with a baby in her tummy. Next time finish your goal run for me!!! :) GREAT JOB!!!!!

Leah said...

I was blog hopping...........and found your blog. Last Thanksgiving I did a half here in Atlanta. I am a run/walker. I do intervals. Run 7 min walk 1:15 min. I have a great watch that times them for me. All I have to do is listen for the beep. It really doesn't make you time that much different but it allows me to go a lot farther. There is a program called "Running for Women" and that's the program I follow. Happy running. If you have any questions, Hop on over to my blog. :)