Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jonathon Weinkow

Today I had an unusual man come up to me while at school.  I was sitting at a table reading and he just came to the side of me and started talking.  At first I was put off by him interrupting me, but then I started to enjoy our conversation.  We talked of school and of God. He is a non-practicing Buddhist with half of his family being Christian.  He said that he believed that there was a multitude of gods.  I replied "If there are a multitude of gods, then none of them are omnipotent nor omnipresent.  So then how can they be a god?"  We then went onto talking of my God and how He is the only one.  He asked for clarification on how Jesus could be His own father.  I explained that true understanding of the Trinity may never come.  That God is infinite and man is finite.  Jonathon said he had never heard God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit explained in that way and that it gives him something to think about.   

Next Tuesday when he is back on campus he hopes to run into me again, I told him where I would probably be.  Please pray that God has another divine appointment for us to meet.  And that God puts other Christians in Jonathon's path so that he might come to know God as his savior.    

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Wow what a great opportunity for you to share the Lord!! I will be praying for the Lord to pre-pair you for another conversation with him.