Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I Don't Like It But It Seems To Like Me

I've now been working at Target Seal Beach for little over two weeks. My first impression of the store and the employees weren't so good. I'll mention two things that really set my dislike and not ramble about the rest. While I was still working at Target Chico I requested a transfer 6 weeks in advance, which is the proper amount of time. My Human Resource director was told by Seal Beach that I had to come in for a face to face interview. He then replied back that I was over 500 miles away and wouldn't be able to come, Seal Beach said they wouldn't accept me as a transfer. So I had to quit, have my face to face interviews, and then be reinstated. It took them 3 weeks to reinstate me! Grrrrr The other thing that I don't like about the store is that no one takes ownership of the store or their job within it. The team that puts merchandise out does it incorrectly much of the time, and the team that is suppose to keep the store neat doesn't really do it. Ok I got to stop there or else I'll work myself up into a frenzy of frustration.

With my dislike of the store I have been looking for another job. I dread going to work and facing poor workers and their work. I have posted my resume online, have applied to several jobs, but nothing has come of it. I have been proactive is trying to change my frustrating situation. But for some reason Target Seal Beach likes me. Maybe its because I'm a hard worker, I fix what needs to be fixed, and I take pride in the work I accomplish. It seems that they like me so much that they're putting me in charge every once in awhile of other workers that have worked there much longer than me.

Weird....but it's kind of nice to be recongized for my work and appreciated. Target Seal Beach is starting to grow on me.

*but i'm still looking for another job because i need more money...so if you hear of anything let me know ;)

3 comments:

Tiffany said...

well i am very proud of you!!!!! I will continue to pray for another job. What about working at a bank??

Can't wait to see you bright and early Sat. morning!!

Ashleigh Baker said...

Hope you find a new job soon!!

Mishel said...

Happy (belated) Birthday to you!!! We thought about you (and talked about you) on Sunday...but with the busyness...we didn't call. : (

We love you oodles and hope you had a GREAT day!