Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Adventures in Parking

To park at Chico State is an adventure. Let me start off by saying there’s no use to buying a parking permit for the school parking lots because there’s never any open spots. NEVER EVER. The only time that spots are open are before 7:30am and after 5 pm. Now you may think “Why doesn’t Sara just get to school early so she can have a nice close parking space?” Well, me getting to school 3 ½ hours early just for a parking spot is a little bit much for me. That doesn’t include having to leave my house at 6:45 am so I can get to the parking lot by 7:30 either. So I’ve opted/am forced to park on the local streets. But there’s a catch to it, some days are better parking days than others. I’ll explain. Monday and Wednesday less people have classes so there are more parking spaces. Tuesday and Thursday everyone and their brother have classes so there’s less. On a Monday/Wednesday it’s all good in the parking world, maybe only an 8 minute walk from my car to the edge of campus. But Tuesday/Thursday it’s a nightmare. On Tuesday/Thursday I’ve had to work anywhere from as little as 10 minutes to all the way up to 20!! So ya….I’m not looking forward to when it rains on Tuesday or Thursday and I have to park at Chico State L

1 comment:

Mishel said...

What a drag! : ( That would be no fun having to walk all that way.

Miss you!