So over the summer I took a blog break. Namely because I didn't have a reliable internet connection. I think the longest amount of time I was able to keep connected was 30 minutes which isn't a long enough time to post a blog.
Let me tell you a lil about my summer....
I lived with a wonderful family from my church in Cypress, the Laurain's. God totally blessed me through Charlotte all summer. When my job at Disneyland wasn't working out John offered me a job at his company. And their three kids, Naomi 6 yrs old, Geneva 4 yrs old, and Josh 2 yrs old were a lot of fun.
As mentioned above I for the majority of the summer worked at Disneyland. I got to be one of those wonderful cast members that smiled at you while you did you’re shopping after midnight just as the park was closing. I'll have to post a picture of me wearing my costume when I transfer them to this computer. Overall it was a nice experience but I've decided for me it's a better place to visit than to work. Also they were slow this summer so I never had enough hours. So John blessed me with a job at R P Laurain and Associates, all I did was scan old files. It was a pretty cushy job. The company does corporate land and building appraisals, mostly within Long Beach and LA County. I got to see how much the Rose Bowl was worth in 1987, pretty cool huh?
The best part though was being able to spend time with my sister Misty and her family. We were blessed with her little daughter on May 7, Elisa Grace Ortiz. (pictures to follow) My nephew, Tyler, dotes on his baby sister. I'm so blessed to have those two wonderful kids in my life. Tyler has the most gentle and loving heart I've ever seen in a kid, and I've worked with a lot of kids. His prayers to his Jesus are pure and full of thankfulness. Whenever I hear Ty pray I almost cry because he is so sincere and so full of faith. O I love him so much!
So now I've come back home to Nor Cal. It's nice to be home but miss Misty, the kids, and my friends. But at the same time I missed my mom and sister Emalee all summer. I've come to the conclusion that wherever I am I will miss someone. A couple people at Calvary Cypress asked me if it was nice to be home in Orange County and I replied "Nowhere is home, and everywhere is home" and it's definitely true.
No comments:
Post a Comment