One of the classes I'm taking right now is American Women's History and we are required to read several books on important American women, Incidents in the Life of Slave Girl: Written By Herself is one of them. I recommend this book to everyone.
Harriet A. Jacobs is one of the strongest women I have ever had the pleasure to get to know, and I have gotten to know her through her writings. Harriet is brave, determined, strong, faithful, loving woman, and a sister in the Lord. She was born into slavery in 1813 in North Carolina, fled to the North in 1842, where she eventually gained her freedom. Her tale reveals the horrors of slavery but also tells of the few that tried to help the slaves escape. I won't tell all the details because I think everyone should read it for themselves :)
So go get it....or you could just borrow mine....
Harriet A. Jacobs is one of the strongest women I have ever had the pleasure to get to know, and I have gotten to know her through her writings. Harriet is brave, determined, strong, faithful, loving woman, and a sister in the Lord. She was born into slavery in 1813 in North Carolina, fled to the North in 1842, where she eventually gained her freedom. Her tale reveals the horrors of slavery but also tells of the few that tried to help the slaves escape. I won't tell all the details because I think everyone should read it for themselves :)
So go get it....or you could just borrow mine....
No comments:
Post a Comment