Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I Sleeping With Oona Kelly Tonight

I moved! Yup I moved away from my mom's house in the country and back the rat race of Southern California. I'm living with a wonderful family, the Laurain's, in Los Alamitos. I stayed with them last summer and was totally blessed by them. John and Charlotte have three children, Naomi -7, Geneva -6, and Josh -3. I know them from Calvary Chapel Cypress.

As comfortable as I am here and as excited I am to be back in the area, I'm depressed. I miss my family and my life in Los Molinos. The day isn't bad but night is horrible. I'm sitting here crying, thinking about what my family is doing right now. Mom is playing Spider Soltaire on the computer, Em is in the office with her watching Disney Channel, and Steve has the tv on and is snorring in the recliner. In that picture I would have been sleeping on the couch after doing the dinner dishes. So the one person that consoles me at night is Oona Kelly. She's been with me through it all and has always been a source of comfort. Its amazing how a lumpy worn out Cabbage Patch doll can mean so much to a 26 year old woman. But I'll take all the comfort and peace Oona Kelly can give me right now.

2 comments:

Kathe said...

I miss you so much! I love you sissy! I cried so much!:(
I love you!:)

Love,
Mom and Em

Tiffany said...

Oh cousin Im so sorry that you are missing your family, I know how hard that can be. If you need a cousin just call me!!! We need to have a fun girly night with lots of movies we can make fun of and eat lots of unhealthy goodies!!

I know what you mean about Oona Kelly. I havent slept with A.G. bear since I was married but when Im having a ruff night after leaving my mom and family he gets taken off the bookshelf and hugged and cuddles!! A.G. bear has my moms voice in him so its very comforting!