So I graduate from California State University of Chico with a BA in History with an emphasis in Social Science May 24, 2008. It’s amazing that it’s so close. By the time I graduate I’ll have been working toward my BA for 7 years. I often look at my life and feel like I haven’t accomplished much for my age. But I then remind myself that I actually have. I’ve completed almost everything I set out for myself and have had many wonderful blessings along the way.
1. I graduated High School.
2. I have an AA in Biblical Theology.
3. I lived in Europe and was able to travel.
4. I have an AA in Liberal Studies.
5. I have been a positive impact on children’s and adolescence’s lives.
6. I have friends that will last a lifetime.
7. I have positive relationships with my family members.
8. I had the privilege to teach 9 amazing 4th grade students.
9. I am an instrument that my Lord has used and is using.
My ultimate goal is to teach Social Science in either Middle or High School. I want to be a positive impact on student’s lives. But I want to go beyond just being a positive role model, I want to be a light in their lives and point them to Jesus Christ. I had two teachers that glowed Jesus and made me yearn for what they had. My sister Misty had a teacher, Mrs. Erb, which was the tool to physically lead her to our Savior’s feet. I know of the legal and physical restrictions teachers have placed on them against sharing their personal religious beliefs, but at the same time I know what I can say and do. I am confident that God will give me the time, words, and protection to be a light and a witness for Him.
My plan of action for when I graduate in May is to take some time off from school. I plan to move back to So Cal, work for a semester, maybe a year, as a substitute teacher and get a night/ weekend job. I want to pay off all my bills except my car and save enough money to live on for when I go back to school. In order to teach in public schools with a contract I need my credential, which is what I will be going back to school for. I’m 95% sure that I want to get my Master’s in Education in conjunction with my credential. I am still in the middle of researching the exact school I want to finish at but a couple schools are looking good. Whether I do a Masters/Credential program is dependent on how well I do this semester. If I can’t pull higher than a 3.0 GPA this semester then I will get my Credential first and my Master’s once I start teaching. Doing a Master/Credential program is very demanding and I’m not sure I have the exact self-discipline that is needed to do it.
So this is my two year plan. I’m still praying for God’s perfect will to be revealed to me. I’m always open for God to totally change my life and scrap my two year plan :D I know that I will never be happy and filled with His peace when I’m not in His perfect will!
2 comments:
I think that sounds like a great plan! When are you coming down here to live? Let the Lord be the ultimate plan you center your life around!!!
Your plan sounds really good! I am so proud of you and how you have stuck with school--I mean, is this the same girl who use to HATE school?!! LOL
Love you!
Post a Comment