When I was little my older sister Misty and I share a bedroom. At different houses the size of our room varied but no matter what it was always filled with toys. And I loved to play with my toys in the room. In my younger years I loved to play with Barbies, My Little Ponies, He-Man and She-Ra, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I would play with one set of toys for a bit and then pull out the next toy. By the end of the day I would have toys all over our bedroom, but never picked them up. I hated to clean up my room. I would procrastinate for as long as I could then my mom would start yelling. I would still not clean it! So Misty 99% of the time would pick up our room by herself (the other 1% I would sorta help).
Today I share a room with my little sister Emalee. We have a nice big room with not much in because we're getting ready to remodel it. But let me tell you, that 10 year old can still make a mess with her few toys. One difference between the two of us is she usually picks up her toys.
So here's the pay back....Thanksgiving week. We had family coming up and they were going to stay in our room. We're started cleaning it, then Emalee got a phone call. It was her friends from out of town, they asked if she could stay the night. My mom, being the loving and giving woman she is, didn't tell her no (it was going to be the only time Em would be able to see them). So Misty's 20 something years later revenge came upon me heavily. Not only did I pick up her toys, but I made the bed, dusted, vacumed, cleaned the blinds....and the list goes on.
2 comments:
lolol! Serious payback, girl! But, hey, you make it sound like you got a handle on the cleaning thing later... I remember helping you clean up your room the week you were graduating high school because it looked like a bomb went off. Ahem.
Ha Ha Ha! I remember always cleaning up your barbie houses cause you never wanted to. You always wanted to take them out and have the coolest looking house but you never wanted to clean up after we played! All I can say is "You go Em, way to make your sister clean!!!!"
Post a Comment