Today is my first day of Spring Break, the first full day off since the middle of January. The beginning of the day was nice and relaxing and then we got some news. My grandfather was diagnosed with esophagus cancer in June, had chemo, had radiation, had his esophagus stretched, but has gotten worse. Three weeks ago they were able to do the procedure to stretch the esophagus but in just the few weeks the cancer is too bad to do it again.
I love my grandpa and I know he'll go to heaven when he dies, but the pain he's going through....it's hard to watch. Part of me just wants to shut down and not think about it or go see him. It hurts, I don't want to loose him. In the past couple years I have finally had the opportunity to know him and be close to him, and I don't want to loose that. But I know that these last few years have been a gift from God so I can miss him. It's like what Shakespear said, its better have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.
I love my grandpa and I know he'll go to heaven when he dies, but the pain he's going through....it's hard to watch. Part of me just wants to shut down and not think about it or go see him. It hurts, I don't want to loose him. In the past couple years I have finally had the opportunity to know him and be close to him, and I don't want to loose that. But I know that these last few years have been a gift from God so I can miss him. It's like what Shakespear said, its better have loved and lost than to never have loved at all.
No comments:
Post a Comment