Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My Future

Everyday our future is a little different than it was yesterday. Today was once tomorrow, and none knows what tomorrow brings except for our Lord. When thinking of tomorrow I always think of Proverbs 16:9 "A man's heart plans his way, But the LORD directs his steps." And even as I plan and make decisions for my life I ask the Lord for His plan to be in my heart so that I'm always in the steps He desires. James 4:13,14 "Today or tomorrow we will go to such and such a city, spend a year there, buy and sell, and make a profit; whereas you do not know what will happen tomorrow" I have made plans for my future to the best of my ability, always asking for a pliable heart, so that when life changes I don't stress.

I found out nearly a month ago that I had to change my major. I was majoring in History with a Social Studies Option. It's like having a minor in Social Science. I had to take 3 geography class, 2 economic classes, and more general history rather than a specific era. But due to my gpa of 2.41 I'm unable to graduate under that major. So I've switched to the General History Major, but there's a catch. I have to take an additional two classes, one in Classical History and one Senior level history. I have decided to walk in the graduation ceremony this May at Chico and complete my last two classes at CalState LA, rather than stay up here until December.

It has long been my desire to move back to Southern California permanently. I have been accepted to CalState LA, have been okayed for financial aid, have been blessed with a place to live, and the promise of a job through Target.

I am very thankful for the time I've been up here with my mom and Emalee, but feel it is time to leave the nest once again. I see the past three years as time that God has given me to grow while under the protection of my mom's home. When I left Southern California I was very immature and dependent upon others rather than God. But God has always known best. He removed me from my former life of dependency upon others yet still blessing me with the good parts of those same friendships and relationships. I personally know now more than ever that my purpose in life is to live for God, not for the ministry or for people.

I am still a little bit fearful of the challenges ahead but look forward to growing more in my dependence upon the Lord and the blessings that He has in store.

Joshua 1:9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the LORD your God is with you wherever you go."

3 comments:

Mishel said...

Praying for you Sara Jean!! Hugs!

Tiffany said...

New post yeah!!!! The Lord knows best so you just have to lean on him. Things are going somewhat the way you planned with a little kink. There must be someone at your new school the Lord wants you to meet for some reason. I know you didnt want to keep going to school but there is a reason and a purpose for you to be there! Thats great you are still going to be able to move down here. Where are you going to live? How cool you already found somewhere. What target are you going to be working at?

Mother Goose said...

Hi Sara,
It's Aunt Sheri, Tiff set me up with a blogg so I can stay in touch,this is really cool!
I'm praying God will help the time go by fast.

Love you Sara Jean